Alico Industries Company Limited is a subsidiary of GIBCA Limited, a local conglomerate founded in 1975. The group is a large industrial, real estate and investment entities based in the United Arab Emirates. The Industrial entities are mainly in the construction related industries helping in the development and continued growth of the UAE economy and the commercial infrastructure.
The main Industrial Companies are:
- Alico Industries Co. Ltd. (Non-Ferrous Foundry)
- Arabian Profile Co. Ltd. (Manufacturer of Insulated Aluminium & Steal panels, GRC and GRP Products)
- Aluminium and Light Industries Co. Ltd. (ALICO). (Manufacturer of Curtain Wall Products)
- Gibca Crushing and Quarry Operations Co. Ltd. (Quarry Operations)
- Gibca Furniture Industries Co. Ltd. (Manufacturer of Commercial & Hotel Contract Furnishing )
- Gulf Glass Industries. (Manufacturer of Architectural Glass Processing)
- Tekab Co. Ltd. ( Manufacture of Cable and Wire Products)
- The Glasshouse Co. Ltd. (Manufacturer of Decorative and Stained Glass)
- MELUBCO (Manufacturer of Lubricant Engine Oils, a Joint Venture with Exxon Mobil, BP and Emarat)
Alico Industries Company Ltd was formally established in 1984 in Sharjah by an Amiri Decree. The company soon thereafter established its name and reputation as a leading quality manufacturer of non-ferrous products serving Architectural requirements for the construction Industry and Cathodic Protection Industry for oil and shipping sectors. Alico Industries' name is synonymous with innovation, quality and customer care.
In 2008 the company decided to change its corporate identity by changing the logo and, at the same time, the name to AIL Industries Co. Ltd.
In July 2016 the company changed its name back to its original name Alico Industries Company Limited while maintaining its legal and operational structure and all aspects of its business the same as it has always been before and during the changes of the name. Alico Industries Company Limited will continue its operation and commitment to serving its customers and meeting its obligations in full.
Since the early days, the company has become one of the largest non-ferrous specialist foundries in the area. The business is divided into two distinct industries: Architectural and Cathodic Protection.
Alico was awarded the EN ISO 9001-2000 certification dated 2003 for design, manufacture, supply and installation of cast products in aluminium alloys for architectural, lighting, and industrial applications as well as sacrificial anodes system in aluminium and zinc alloys for sub-sea structures and vessels for the offshore oil and marine industries. Alico name has become synonymous with quality.
Alico has designed, manufactured and executed some large and prestigious architectural projects locally, regionally and internationally to the highest quality. Alico has also supplied sacrificial anodes to major fabricators and oil companies world wide.